FOR PERFORMING ARTISTS
We believe musicians should be paid well.
Opening a brand new business during a pandemic, we do not yet have a music budget.
So for the time being, we are inviting musicians to use our space to host their own shows and pay themselves with 100% of the suggested door fee + tips.
Who we’re looking for:
Primarily swing dance friendly genres (jazz, swing, blues, big band, gypsy jazz, country swing, etc.), but we are open to sounds slightly outside of this.
Ideally, to make sure you are paid well with only 100% door fee and tips, musicians with strong followings, or who are comfortable playing for exposure and experience.
Musicians who are excited about exploring cross-promotional opportunities with us!
How to get booked:
Send an email to email@example.com with “MUSIC” in the subject line.
Email should include:
Links to samples of your music
Social media links if possible
Photo and/or logo if possible
Once you’re booked:
If you make a flier, we will proudly hang it!
No pressure! There are no quotas. But we suggest trying to pre-sell tickets online to your followers through PayPal, Venmo, and/or Eventbrite. Please send us this link!
Have your band page follow @BlindOxPDX on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
We will create a Facebook Event and add your page as a co-host. We will add the link to your online tickets when you set that up and send it to us. Please let us know if you need help with this!
Post about your show and tag @BlindOXPDX in the posts.
We strongly suggest making 20 small table tents with your band’s PayPal or Venmo information for contact-less tipping.
We highly recommend using our neighbors at paperjampdx.com for your printing needs!
At your show:
- Music can start between 7-8pm.
- Music has to end by 10pm, per Her Majesty Kate Brown’s COVID mandate.
- Performing artists can run their own breaks.
- Our staff will help you collect your suggested door fee. Our regular customers will be asked if they would like to tip the band during checkout.
- We encourage you to print and display table tents with QR codes to your Venmo/PayPal for contactless-tipping at each table, at cash registers, and pickup areas.
- Please put out a tip jar! (we suggest a clear container with a starter $10 dollar bill in it)
- We suggest having a friend stationed at your merchandise table and be able to take credit cards (Square, PayPal, etc.) and/or e-payments (Venmo, Facebook, etc.)
Please let us know how we can support you in making this event a success for you!